Coconut Oolong Whiskey Highball is an intriguing concoction that combines the refreshing flavors of tea soda and a hint of acidity from maple verjus with a base of coconut-infused whiskey and a touch of pastis for added complexity. Here's how you can make it at home:
- 2 oz Dewar's blend whiskey, infused with toasted coconut
- 3 oz tea soda (made with equal parts oolong and black tea)
- 0.5 oz maple verjus
- 0.25 oz pastis
- Celery, for garnish
- Toast 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes in a dry pan until lightly browned. Add the toasted coconut to a jar with 750ml of Dewar's blend whiskey and let it infuse for at least 24 hours.
- To make the tea soda, brew equal parts oolong and black tea and let it cool. Mix the cooled tea with carbonated water to your desired level of fizziness.
- In a highball glass filled with ice, pour in the coconut-infused whiskey.
- Add the maple verjus and pastis, and stir to combine.
- Top with the tea soda and garnish with a celery stick and imPASTA straw.
Whether you're a whiskey lover or a cocktail enthusiast, this recipe will impress and satisfy your palate. So, don't hesitate to try it!